1. Collection, Access, Use of Information of Current Customers
1.1 Data Collection and Storage
Omnimodal collects and stores a significant amount of data about the operation of vehicles within the Omnimodal system. That information is stored on servers owned and operated by Omnimodal.
1.2 Information Access
Access to the data is restricted by certain security measures, which include the use of username(s) and password(s) in order to gain access to the Customer-specific portions of the Omnimodal web applications. Omnimodal uses industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) encryption to protect data transmissions. Access to the data is restricted to authorized Omnimodal employees and Customer employees (consultants, etc.) who have a business need to know in order to perform their jobs and have been provided with the user name(s) and password(s).
1.3 Information Use Within Omnimodal
Omnimodal uses and shares Customer data within Omnimodal for a variety of reasons that include the following:
- To provide data for prediction analysis and reporting
- To develop and enhance Customer management tools
- To maintain Customer systems
- To improve and develop Omnimodal products and services
Omnimodal’s Security Policy stipulates that employees cannot divulge or distribute neither Customer-specific configuration nor operational data outside of the company without the written permission from the Customer.
1.4 Information Use With Outside Parties
Omnimodal does not share Customer information with other customers or outside companies unless a written permission has been obtained from Customer. However, Omnimodal is unable to control the distribution of usernames and passwords outside of the company and cannot be responsible for access by individuals who obtain that information from another source.
2. Collection, Access and Use of Data of Former Customers
Our policies and practices regarding the collection and disclosure of data of former Customers are the same as those regarding the collection and disclosure of existing Customers.
3. Data Confidentiality and Security
Omnimodal is committed to preventing unauthorized access to Customer data by maintaining procedures and technology designed for this purpose. Omnimodal uses industry-standard security measures to protect the confidentiality and security of Customer data. Omnimodal takes several steps to protect Customer data including the following:
- Updating and testing Omnimodal technology on a regular schedule in order to improve the protection of Customer data.
- Consultants and subcontractors are required to enter into confidentiality agreements that among other limitations and restraints, restrict the use of data to that which is required in the prime contract with Omnimodal.
- Limiting access to Customer data. Omnimodal procedures require an employee or subcontractor to have a ‘need to know’ prior to granting access to customer data.
- Maintaining and following policies that support the physical security of workplaces and records.
4. Data Integrity Measures
Omnimodal ensures that Customer data is complete and accurate. Omnimodal has procedures and processes to update Customer data, as well as archiving old data. Omnimodal protects the integrity of agency data through the following measures:
- Employing reputable hosting companies to host all Omnimodal servers at remote locations. The hosting companies are equipped with up-to-date tools and reliable networks, and staffed with qualified professionals that specialize in hosting services.
- Maintaining daily server backups to ensure data is properly archived.
- Employing firewalls and other commercially reasonable measures to prevent unauthorized entry into systems containing customer data.